STEP 1: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS
Turmeric tea, or “golden milk” as it is more fondly called, is an Indian recipe that is now making a buzz in the West mainly because of its medicinal and antioxidant properties. This tea recipe is a combination of the benefits of turmeric with other beneficial spices such as cinnamon and ginger.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cinnamon, (3-inch stick)
- 1 tsp dried turmeric*
- ½ inch piece ginger, thinly sliced*
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns, whole*
- Ground cinnamon*
- *Use the Turmeric Tonic Organic Tea found on the site as a substitute.
Tip: You may also use ground powder turmeric or golden milk paste instead of the usual dried turmeric.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE EQUIPMENT
To make this golden milk, you will need to prepare a small steel saucepan or pot to keep the turmeric pure when cooked. You also have to prepare your mugs and a fine-mesh strainer to pour your prepared golden milk in.
STEP 3: MAKE THE TEA
This recipe yields 2 cups. If you wish to make more, you can just adjust the recipe accordingly. To make the golden milk turmeric tea, follow these instructions:
- Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Pour into mugs through a fine-mesh strainer
- Top with some cinnamon powder before serving